The Drummer Boy of Shiloh
Study the following facts:
· Joby is not eager for the next days battle.
· The story takes place on a battlefield during the Civil War.
· The general tells Joby that he also cried.
· The troops are not well prepared for the upcoming battle.
· Joby is the heart of the army.
· At the beginning of the story, the troops are waiting to fight a battle.
· Joby is envious of the other soldiers because they have weapons.
· The general is frightened that many soldiers will die.
· The statement the waves are rolling in like a well-ordered cavalry is an example of simile.
· The battle was named after a nearby church.
Use your Vocabulary Chart to study the following words:touchstone mutely resolutemiraculously legitimately
· Be able to use the RACE strategy to explain how Joby is the heart of the army.