CP Pre-Calc: Course Guidelines
- A graphing calculator (TI 83 or TI 84)
- 3 Ring Binder & loose leaf paper
Calculating Averages Using Total Points
- Points earned... Within each category, the points a student receives are added together.
- Points possible... Within each category, the total points possible are added together.
- Each category average is the sum of the points earned divided by the sum of points possible.
Example for a single student:
1. In class graded work: 8 of 10
2. Quiz on Patterns: 24 of 30
3. Graded HW on Matrices: 12 of 15
4. Quiz on Venn Diagrams: 36 of 40
5. Test on Problem Solving: 50 of 60
Points earned: 130
Possible points: 155
Average: 130/155= 83.87%
Marking period grades are rounded. An 89.5% is a A-.
Absences & Student Responsibility
- If a student is absent it is their responsibility to make up any work (homework, quizzes, etc.)
- Any missed graded assignment should be made up within 1 CYCLE of returning to school or the grade will become a zero (0%)
- If a student is absent due to an in-school activity (Showcases, rehearsals, etc.) it is the student’s responsibility to find out the homework assignment from that day’s class and have it completed for the next class. Assignments are kept updated on the class calendar and any paper copies handed out during class can be found in the class “cubby” and can be picked up at the end of the day. Failure to have a completed assignment will result in a 0.
- Daily Homework will be scored out of 2 points each day that the teacher checks.
- 2 points - An assignment is considered complete when ALL problems are attempted with the appropriate necessary work and completed on time.
- 1 point - An assignment is considered partial when approximately 50% - 95% of the work is attempted with necessary work OR appropriate work is missing or too sloppy to be understood.
- 0 points – An assignment in considered incomplete when less than 50% of the work is attempted OR failure to do any of the assignment.
- It is your responsibility to show me any late assignments due to absence.
- CELL PHONES AND EARBUDS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE OUT DURING CLASS. PUT THEM IN YOUR BAGS!! CONSIDER THIS YOUR FIRST WARNING.
- Students are expected to report to class on time with notebook, pencil, calculator (TI83 or TI84), and other essential tools. The teacher will NOT supply a calculator if you need one for the day.
- Students are expected to be courteous, to respect the rights of others and to become involved class participants.
- Cheating will result in failure.
- All other school rules will be enforced – (Please refer to the student handbook for all rules.)
- Bullying will not be tolerated. If the teacher perceives an action as bullying, the incident will be reported.
- Lunch: by appointment only. NO HELP ON DAY 2
- After School: Tuesday - Thursday 2:20- 2:45 room 107
CP Pre-Calc Course Calendar
Please use the link below to access the calendar. Use the month tabs at the bottom of the first page to navigate the calendar.
Topics are listed at the top of each cell, homework is listed at the bottom of the cell, and quizzes and tests are in yellow.