GEORGE K. WARNE SCHOLARSHIP
The Scholarship Committee of the Warren County Community Singers (WCCS) is pleased to provide you with our scholarship guidelines and application. This competition is open to all high school seniors who live in Warren County, and who are planning to study music in college. Applications are due by Friday, March 18, 2022. Auditions will take place by appointment on Saturday, April 2, 2022 beginning at 9 a.m. The auditions will be held at Belvidere United Methodist Church, 219 Hardwick Street, Belvidere, NJ 07823. An accompanist will be available for those of you who requested one on your application, and you will be given time to rehearse with her.
You must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for the audition:
- You must be a graduating senior, plan to study in a music-related major such as music education, musical theater, music therapy, or other music-related field, and be accepted at a college.
- You must study with a music teacher.
- You must submit an essay, not to exceed 250 words. The subject matter of the essay is: How music is influencing my life in the pursuit of my goals
- Your application can be accessed from the Warren County Community Singers website www.wcsingers.org or by request (see below). If you are unable to do this, please print legibly in black or blue ink. However, please note that your essay MUST be typewritten.
- Your application, essay, and sheet music must be received no later than March 18, 2022. Please mail your application, essay, and sheet music to Warren County Community Singers, Scholarship Committee, Attn. Kathleen Manning, P.O. Box 202, Washington, NJ 07882 or email them to email@example.com.
- This is a professional audition, so please dress accordingly even if virtual. Auditions will be judged on presentation, tone, dynamics, intonation, and overall performance. You are required to bring your own instruments for this audition, with the exception of a piano which will be available. Vocalists and instrumentalists are encouraged to use an accompanist.
- Scholarship winners may be asked to perform at one or both the chorus’ tentatively scheduled spring concerts. We hope to hold an evening concert on Saturday, May 7th and an afternoon concert on Sunday, May 8th. Concert participation is not mandatory to be eligible for the scholarship.
If you have a request for or questions about the application or auditions, please email Kathleen Manning at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you in April!
Due Date: March 18, 2022
Application: Download here.
Submission: Mail (Please see application)