Blackboard Mass Notifications
Blackboard Mass Notifications
The Warren Hills Regional School District utilizes Blackboard's Mass Notification service for school closing, emergency, and event announcements. Parent and student contact information is synced from our Genesis SIS daily. Please utilize Parent Portal to ensure that your contact information is up to date.
The system also has the ability to send push notifications to your mobile device via our mobile app. Please visit Google Play or the App Store (iPhone) to download the WHRSD app. Our mobile app will give you quick access to district news, set your Blackboard Mass Notification contact preferences, and receive district push notifications. Install today!
Parents can update contact preferences utilizing your parent account via the Blackboard Mass Notification website, the Warren Hills Regional School District mobile app, or telephone/text/email.
- On the Blackboard Mass Notification website, click on Account at the top right of the website in the dark navigation bar, select the Delivery Preferences tab, and utilize the checkboxes to set your contact preferences.
- On the Warren Hills Regional SD mobile app, click on the Settings icon then Edit Contact Preferences to set your contact preferences.
- You can also set contact preferences through the following instructions:
Users can opt out of:
- Phone calls: Call the Blackboard Phone Hotline at "855-502-STOP (855-502-7867)".
- Text (SMS) messages: Reply STOP to any Blackboard system text or to "60680" for non-emergency messages. Reply STOP to "54968" to opt out of emergency messages.
- Emails: Click the unsubscribe link from any email they receive.
Users can opt back into:
- Phone calls: Call the Blackboard Phone Hotline at "855-502-STOP (855-502-7867)" from the phone line that has been opted out.
- Text (SMS) messages: Reply START to "60680" from the phone line that has been opted out for non-emergency messages. Reply START to "54968" for emergency messages.
- To ensure that our email notifications are not routed to your spam folder, please allow emails from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you miss a message, you can call 855-269-0502 to replay any message sent during the previous month.
- If you did not receive your parent account or have questions about our notification system, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
- If you are seeing past attendance notifications in the Blackboard Mass Notification web portal, please disregard them for now. The Attendance notifications will begin to be sent once the Honeywell Instant Alert system is shut down. Going forward, Blackboard Mass Notification will be delivering attendance notifications. The reason you see the messages in the web portal is the notification process is set up, but we have not turned on delivery yet until the old system is retired.
- If you have more than one student in the district, but only see one associated with your Blackboard Mass Notification parent account, this could be due to slight differences in the contact information in Genesis for your students. If you ensure that the contacts (including addresses/numbers marked as primary) are identical, Blackboard will merge the parent records into one for multiple students.
- View news stories
- View calendar info
- View sports scores
- Access school and staff info
- Receive important alerts