The Elizabeth Ames Library
Warren Hills High School
CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINK TO SIGN INTO SORA (WITH YOUR SCHOOL GOOGLE) TO ACCESS EBOOKS
(Use THIS LINK for a SORA step by step guide)
CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINK FOR THE ONLINE CARD CATALOG AND RESERVE A BOOK
Access the Library's Electronic Card CatalogFollett eBooks:You may access Follett eBooks by logging into the Warren Hills Website, and dropping down on the library menu to "library services." Once there, go to the bottom of the left hand column and find "Follett eBooks" and follow the instructions given.
Ms. Devine, Library/Media Specialist
Mrs. Shah, Library Assistant
(908) 689-3050 x3523
Do you want to:
- Read teen book reviews?
- Find out about the latest graphic novels?
- See what book titles are optioned for upcoming movies?
- Discover the latest teen reading trends?
- Choose a book by only reading a list of first sentences?
- Look at a list of book report ideas?
- Examine teen issues and controversies?
- Speed book?
- Look for a "next read" on a great book you just read?
- Find out book award winners?
- See what WHHS students and staff are reading?
- Examine titles based on your interests?
- Find a great book even if you don't like to read?
- And more?
LOOK NO FURTHER!
WELCOME TO THE HIGH SCHOOL LIBRARY'S WEBSITE!
Our Mission Statement:
The Elizabeth Ames Library of Warren Hills High School promotes information literacy in order to prepare students for the 21st century and to ensure that students are effective users of information. Our overall mission is to get students and staff excited about reading, whether it is for research projects, for personal interests, or for internet applications.
Our Overall Objectives:
- Promoting books, reading, and discussion
- Improving information-seeking strategies and research techniques
- Providing hard copy and online resources to both staff and students: books, DVD's, CD's, videos, audio-books, play-a-ways, magazines, newspapers, and databases
- Providing computer applications: Microsoft Office, SkillsTutor, COIN, K-12 Planet, SmartBoard, iPhoto, and more
- Displaying student artwork and projects, and showcasing student presentations and performances
- Presenting primary resources and cross-curricular speakers and workshops in interactive forums
Library Information & Photos
The library includes print, non-print, and computer based technologies along with access to audiovisual resources. The Library's arrangement and collections reflect a multiple intelligence educational model and a differentiated, instructional philosophy; thus emphasizing the importance of meeting the needs of individual students.