includes an exciting curriculum for students to enjoy and explore.
With the double block, we are able to fluently merge reading and writing which allows us the
opportunity to continue a lesson focusing on both areas. Some of our content areas include:
- 6+1 Trait Writing including grammar and structured writing
- A.C.T.I.V.E. Reading
- The Civil Rights Movement
- Independent Reading/Novels
- Short Story Selections
- Prose Constructed Response
- Non-Fiction with textual support
- Free Writes and J.O.M.s (Just One More - Do Now)
Study guides and assignments for download are linked on this website as are homework assignments
and due dates. Check our Class Calendar as well. Grades are posted on Genesis.