April 13, 2022
Parents and Students of the Class of 2022,
We have turned the page on the first three-quarters of the school year and graduation is right around the corner! June 10th will be a special day for you and your families and we are excited to celebrate this occasion with you. It will be my pleasure to welcome you as the 55th graduation class of Warren Hills Regional High School.
It is an extremely busy time of year, so I wanted to share a few important dates to keep on your calendar as you plan the next few months.
- May 15th: Project Graduation Deadline - Permission forms and $25 are due.
- May 24th: Cords and Awards Night: NEW FOR 2022! More details to follow and students receiving a career pathway cord and/or an award will receive a formal invitation
- June 2nd: Senior Prom - Seniors will be permitted to leave at 10:40 am as long as their permission form is signed (Permission Forms will be available in Genesis after April 25th ).
- June 6th: Cap & Gown Distribution - Caps & Gowns will be distributed during study hall, students without a study hall can pick up their cap and gown before and after school. All obligations must be paid prior to obtaining a cap and gown. Students will not be allowed to get their cap and gown during an instructional period.
- June 6th: Powder Puff Game: Class of 2023 v. Class of 2022, Athletic Complex
- June 8th: Class of 2022 Scholarship Night, 6:30 pm, High School Auditorium
- June 10th: Commencement Day!
○ 8:30 - 12: Senior Breakfast & Graduation Practice. All students participating in the graduation ceremony must attend practice. Students will be dismissed when practice is completed. We will practice both indoors and outdoors depending on the forecast. If you need transportation to and from practice, please call the main office by May 31st.
○ 5:45 pm: Students arrive for graduation and report to their designated location.
○ 7 pm: Commencement Ceremony begins.
- Students will pick up their diploma immediately after the ceremony in the cafeteria. Students given National Honor Society stoles and Career Pathway Cords must return these prior to receiving their diploma.
○ Project Graduation departs for Hoboken, NJ at 10pm
Forms will be available in Genesis on April 25th and we will send out a reminder regarding the forms when they are activated. At that time, please log on to Genesis and click on the “Forms” Tab to complete the graduating contract form and the senior prom forms. Here you will find guidelines for our ceremony including attire for the ceremony and other expectations as we get closer to the end of our school year. Forms must be completed by both students and parents. The form also includes your intention to participate in our ceremony. Participation in the ceremony is not required.
If the ceremony is indoors. All students will receive two (2) tickets for the gym and three (3) tickets for the live stream in the auditorium. Tickets will be distributed at the practice if the weather is forecasting rain. There are no tickets for the outdoor ceremony. As we get closer to our ceremony, we will send out information about requesting handicap accommodations. Gates for the stadium/doors for the gym will open at 5:45 pm on the 10th and all bags are subject to search. Parking passes will also be distributed at the graduation practice.
Receiving this email and/or completing the forms in Genesis is not a confirmation of participation. Students still need to complete all academic requirements as set forth by the State of NJ and the Warren Hills Regional Board of Education (Policy #5460) for graduation. Additionally, all fines and obligations must be paid in full to participate in our commencement ceremony.
Thank you for your review of the form and we are looking forward to celebrating the class of 2022!