Lauren M. Voight
VADA(Vocal and Dramatic Arts) Teacher
MS Fine Arts Department
Greetings! Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year. Please find below the classes I will be teaching this year and the Google Classroom codes for each of the classes.
Class Information-Vocal and Dramatic Arts Class(es)
Google Classroom Code: wrkmmuk
Google Classroom Code: l2hjrds
The links found below are resources for providing information regarding COVID protocol and guidelines for performing arts classes to use for the upcoming school year.ARTS ED NJ
Warren Hills Vocal and Dramatic Arts
Lauren M. Voight: Vocal
Nicole Labrit-Petrewski: Theatre Arts
Welcome to VADA! Below you will find an outline of expectations for the class
- Students are expected to utilize appropriate behaviors and follow instructed classroom procedures as part of the learning process for the class.
- Students are expected to perform in two evening concerts* during the school year as part of the classroom grading assessment. as well as in school class performances (dates TBD)
*Important Mandatory Dates:
- Winter Concert Date: Dec. 8, 2021 7:00pm concert start
Students report at 6:00pm (snow date Dec. 9)
Location: High School Auditorium
- Spring Showcase Date: May 3, 7:00pm concert start
Students report at 6:00pm
Location: High School Auditorium
- Students are expected to wear appropriate attire to evening concerts. A vocal ensemble strives to appear as a unit and the evening concert is a formal and dignified event. Therefore, a successful required dress code* is listed below.
*Concert Attire: White top and black bottom.
- Dress shoes (if possible), black or dark pants/skirt, white button-down shirt, white collared shirt or blouse.
- No tank tops or spaghetti straps please, sleeveless ok.
Annual learning goals for Choir:
- Learn physiological and cognitive techniques for quality vocal production.
- Learn to read and translate music symbols and understand the parts of a music score.
- Develop inner hearing and aural perception skills for singing.
- Practice and perform vocal and listening skills in a rehearsal setting.
- Identify and perform vocal harmonies.
- Learn to follow the actions of a conductor/director.
- Understand, learn and apply the appropriate collaboration skills and knowledge of expected social and emotional behaviors as part of an ensemble performance community.
- Perform in a showcase/concert.
- Learn critique skills for the purpose of improving future performances.
Annual learning goals for Drama:
- Understand and utilize proper movement and placement onstage
- Participate in an effective ensemble
- Communicate using theater vocabulary
- Create and perform multiple characters through informal and formal performances
- identify and demonstrate the skills of an improviser including spontaneity, trust, collaboration, and spatial awareness
- Write monologues and dialogue independently and collaboratively
Class Grading Procedures:
- Assessments will be designed and performed throughout the year on the following:
- Progress on learned skills and techniques
- Quality and effort of participation in classroom and rehearsal activities
- Knowledge and application of taught content
- Concert/Showcase attendance and behavior (2nd and 4th marking periods only)
- Assessments will take one of the following forms:
- Written test(Google form)
- Edpuzzle(Integrated Q&A in video)
- Teacher observation assessments
- Performance Voice tests(live and on flipgrid)
Rubrics and study guides provided as needed.
- Grading Categories:
15% Final Performances (Winter and Spring + Final Drama Play Performance)
Expected Classroom Procedures:
- Arrive on time for class
- View or listen to directions for the start of class
- Make requests for the lav and drink PRIOR to the start of rehearsal
- Go immediately to assigned seat or placement for daily class activity
- Participate with energy and effort in all activities
- Help maintain and clean up learning materials as directed daily and throughout the year.
- Raise their hand to speak
- Treat others in the class with dignity, kindness and tolerance
- Refrain from bringing and/or consuming food, drink or gum (other than water) into the classroom
- Work hard to NOT distract others by staying focused during the class/rehearsal process.
- Make a commitment to learning by performing daily tasks and setting and achieving personal long and short-term goals.
- Keep an open mind…….. and allow the beauty of true artistic expression to come into their lives.
- Be Respectful of others and willing to try new things.