Lauren M. Voight
MS Fine Arts Department
email@example.comThe Warren Hills Choral Program Philosophy:The Warren Hills choir class curriculum is dedicated to using outstanding choral repertoire to introduce quality vocal music techniques, aural perception skills, aesthetic awareness, and exposure to multi-cultural musical styles and genres to students. The class structure provides a real-world rehearsal setting that is designed to attain the highest possible level of musicianship and artistic performance including achieving the “Choral Sound” and learning the interpersonal skills needed to work with others in a Choral ensemble.
Greetings! Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year. Please find below the classes I will be teaching this year and the Google Classroom codes for each of the classes. Below that information, you will find more details about the policies and procedures of all of the classes. Thank you.
Office Hours For all Classrooms will be Monday-Friday 8:45-9:45 Please send me a message on google hangouts(found on your Gmail page) and we can open a meet if needed.
Google Classroom Code: faoo4cz
As you are all aware, our current circumstances prevent us from performing live indoor singing rehearsals and performances in the traditional manner. Having spent the summer attending webinars and keeping up with performing arts studies regarding singing, I have found that our best course of action is to adapt our learning activities to utilize the best practices recommended by the National Federation of State High School Associations(NFHS) and the ARTS ED NJ September Ready Fall Guidance for Performing Arts Education. I am posting links to the websites for these organizations and the results of their research below. There will be no live concert performances until further notice. Please feel free to email me with any questions.ARTS ED NJ
Chorus Class Grading Procedures:
1. Assessments will be designed and performed throughout the year on the following:
- Progress and consistent application of learned vocal skills and techniques
- Knowledge of taught repertoire including notes, rhythms, and interpretations
- Knowledge and progress on taught music reading and aural perception skills
- Quality and effort of participation in group and individual learning activities
- Application, proper use of and quality reflection and critique skills
2. Choir Class Assessment tools:
- Written test(s) on google documents/slides
- Teacher observations and engagements on google meets
- Performance Voice products on video, audio platforms
- Multiple-choice assessments on google forms
- Written reflections/critiques on google documents
- Music theory/sightreading drill exercises with screenshot results
- Interactive video Q and A