Updated DOH Guidance 1/20/22
Dear Warren Hills Community,
I hope this email finds you and yours safe and healthy.
On Thursday, January 20, 2022, the district received updated guidance on quarantine status for K-12 schools from the New Jersey Department of Health (NJDOH) and the Warren County Health Department (WCHD). The full guidance document can be found at this LINK and posted on the district web page under District News.
I wish to draw your attention to the following statements within the guidance from the NJDOH and WCHD:
COVID-19 exclusion criteria for close contacts (quarantine) guidance:
Exposed close contacts who have no COVID-19 compatible symptoms in the following groups should be excluded from school:
- Age 12 or older who completed the primary series of a recommended COVID-19 vaccine, but have not received a recommended booster shot when eligible.
- Persons who are not fully vaccinated.
Exposed close contacts who have no COVID-19 symptoms in the following groups do not need to be excluded from school:
- Age 12 or older and have received all recommended vaccine doses, including boosters and additional primary shots for some immunocompromised people.
- Age 5-11 years and completed the primary series of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Had confirmed COVID-19 within the last 90 days (tested positive using a viral test).
To allow time for students to catch up with the latest recommendations and to minimize disruption to in-person learning, schools may wait until February 1, 2022 to implement school exclusion for students ages 12-17 years who completed their primary vaccine series but have not yet received all eligible boosters.
The district will use February 1, 2022 as a deadline, prior to implementing the revised guidance, for quarantine status.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support.
Very truly yours,
Earl C. Clymer, III
Superintendent of Schools
DOH Guidance 1/20/22 (PDF)