Safe Return Plan 2021-2022
Dear Warren Hills Community,
I hope that you are doing well and enjoying the remaining days of summer break!
As we approach our opening of school, I need to share with you updates to our Safe Reopening Plan as required by the Governor’s Executive Order #251. Per Executive Order #251, all K-12 school districts (students, faculty & staff and visitors) are mandated to wear masks while in school. The Executive Order outlining the mandate and consequences for non-compliance by school districts is attached to this email.
The following exceptions (bulleted list) to the mask mandate are taken directly from Executive Order #251:
- When doing so would inhibit the individual’s health, such as when the individual is exposed to extreme heat indoors;
- When the individual has trouble breathing, is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove a face covering without assistance;
- When a student’s documented medical condition or disability, as reflected in an Individualized Education Program (IEP) or Educational Plan pursuant to Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, precludes use of a face covering;
- When the individual is under two (2) years of age;
- When an individual is engaged in an activity that cannot be performed while wearing a mask, such as eating and drinking or playing an instrument that would be obstructed by the face covering;
- When the individual is engaged in high-intensity aerobic or anaerobic activity;
- When a student is participating in high-intensity physical activities during a physical education class in a well-ventilated location and able to maintain a physical distance of six feet from all other individuals; or
- When wearing a face covering creates an unsafe condition in which to operate equipment or execute a task.
The revised Safe Reopen Plan can be found at this link and on the district website. Public input on the plan can be emailed to email@example.com . Input on the plan will be accepted through Sunday, August 22, 2021. Revisions to the plan are highlighted in Yellow and items removed are highlighted with a strikethrough. The District will continue to follow all guidance and Executive Orders issued by the Governor as we have done throughout the entire pandemic. Executive Orders have the force of law and compliance is not optional. Indeed, there are significant penalties including fines and possible jail time for those who do not follow.
Please know that we are still planning a full day, in-person return to school, 5 days per week beginning with our half day schedule for students on Tuesday, August 24th - Friday, August 27, 2021. Students will be dismissed at 11:55 AM. There will be no remote option at this time.
Our plans for the MS and HS orientation programs are in place for Monday, August 16th. Students attending must have a mask, per the Executive Order.
Very truly yours,
Earl C. Clymer, III
Superintendent of Schools