Superintendent Update - Remind App
Important Superintendent’s Update!!!
January 14, 2019
Dear Warren Hills Community,
This morning (January 14, 2019), Warren Hills Regional School District received a service announcement from Remind that may have a significant impact on many in our school community. Remind is one of the main social media sources we use to share announcements and information related to the WHRSD. Below is a bulleted synopsis of the information we received from Remind.
- Beginning Monday, January 28, 2019, Remind will no longer deliver text notifications to Verizon Wireless customers.
- Verizon Wireless is imposing an additional fee on Remind text messages that has led to Remind’s decision to cease text notifications to Verizon Wireless customers only.
- Remind recommends that Verizon Wireless customers download the Remind app to receive app notifications or enable email notifications.
- If you have subscribed to Warren Hills Regional High School or Warren Hills Regional Middle School alerts by texting @whhsremind or @whmsremind to 81010 and subscribe to Verizon Wireless, you will discontinue receiving alerts from WHRHS and WHRMS beginning January 28, 2019 unless you download and activate the mobile app or email notifications.
- Remind has initiated a campaign to reverse Verizon Wireless’ new fee. If this campaign is successful, text message notifications may be restored for Verizon Wireless customers in the future.
Directions to install Remind app:
- Download and install the Remind app from the applicable app store:
Directions to install Remind app Continued:
- Create a Remind account or sign into an existing account.
- Search and join the Warren Hills Regional Middle School or Warren Hills Regional High School class.
- Warren Hills Regional Middle School will appear as Warren Hills Reg Midd School
- Warren Hills Regional High School will appear as Warren Hills Reg High School
- Access the app settings to enable app notifications and/or email notifications.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Earl C. Clymer, III
Superintendent of Schools
Important Superintendent Update (PDF version)